Mental illness is a topic worth talking about within the faith filled community.
Authentic Truths within a Bipolar Mind.
If today was my last day I would want you to know:
- I had bipolar disorder the majority of my life.
- I have loved and lived fully as a woman with bipolar disorder.
- I had my ups and downs; I survived it all.
There are stories behind mental illness that many out there never stop to hear. There are stigmas that must dissolve, and a healthcare system within the United States that is inadequate and leaves many out there alone in their battle.
My name is Lisa. I have lived with bipolar disorder since my early teen years, but was diagnosed a decade after that. I am married, with four children and four grandchildren. I work full time as a church administrator, am a Stephen Minister (?), and love being a follower of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am a Christian woman with bipolar disorder. My journey is not unique, but it is worth sharing.
I pray that my small voice will be heard in a community of survivors. I pray for the words to reach those most in need. I also pray for the leaders that take up these issues in ways we’ve never witnessed, and finally bring acceptance, understanding, and care to the one illness that is most neglected- Mental Illness.
My primary focus is sharing life relating to bipolar disorder and the successes and failures of managing it. From recognizing triggers to stress management, I aim to share the authentic truth of my journey. Mental illness topics must be talked about. We have made great progress, however, we have a long way to go in removing the stigma, especially in the faith-based community.
Additionally, I write poetry, Christian based content, articles on my empty nest and the next phase, and I take part in the worldwide gathering called “Five Minute Friday”. I incorporated my hobby writing because that is a part of who I am as well!
“Search” the following categories for specific topics:
- Bipolar Life: including general, educational, and personal content
- Authentic Truths: general, non-specified Christian issues content
- Addiction Sucks: A mother’s view into addiction
- Lost & Found: Life’s journey through the empty nest-my life, my reality, my story
- Five Minute Friday: once a week, world wide link up
What People are saying:
- Your willingness to open up such personal deep hurts and griefs with such transparency and with such detail–in the hope that all of us might gain a deeper insight into the problems of depression and suicide–makes me thank God over and over again! -Anonymous
- Such a good post! Thank you for sharing your heart on this word and reminding us that we aren’t called to be comfortable… -Moriah S.
- Very encouraging post to read this morning… –Stacey
- Thank you for your transparency and vulnerabity… -Tara
- Thank you for the challenge to rekindle the urgency of sharing God’s grace and salvation. –Jackie
- It takes incredible courage to tell your story. Thank you for sharing and letting people know that there is freedom from the chains of pain. -Kellie
- Great encouragement to me who is on the leadership end of this..-Tobi